Why is the deposit non-refundable?
We appreciate the opportunity to help you find the purebred ragdoll kitten of your dreams. We are grateful to the many people over the years who have made a deposit and trusted us with this process.
The deposit is a 2-way commitment
Our commitment to you:
- When you make a non-refundable deposit for a specific kitten, we make a commitment to you to reserve that kitten for you. She is no longer available for adoption by anyone else. If for some reason your circumstances change and you later decide to not adopt that particular kitten, opportunities will have been lost for the kitten to be adopted by someone else during that time.
- When you make a non-refundable deposit for a future kitten, we make a commitment to give you first choice of the gender and color/pattern that you are looking for before he or she becomes available to others. We honor requests in order of deposits received.
Your commitment to us:
- When you make a non-refundable deposit, you demonstrate that you are serious about working with us to adopt a ragdoll kitten. It indicates that you are focused on the kitten’s best interests because it is also a commitment to the kitten.
The deposit is applied to the purchase
No worries! When the adoption is finalized, the deposit gets applied directly to the purchase.
We work hard for you
There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes to prepare for the adoption of your new kitten. We spend a lot of time in the process.
- We take photos and videos for you.
- We consult with you and answer your questions.
- We coordinate the pickup or delivery of your kitten.
In particular, air travel delivery requires many calls and actions:
- Calls to the veterinarian to schedule an appointment for a healthy pet travel certificate.
- Calls to the airline to find the best cost options and book the flight. It is easy to find expensive flights, but it takes a lot of effort to find the least cost options.
- Calls to you to coordinate the travel date and pickup arrangements.
- Calls to our couriers to find someone available to hand carry the kitten.
- Take the kitten to the veterinarian appointment.
- Purchase a travel carrier (if the kitten will be safely traveling as cargo).
- Take the kitten to the airport, which is frequently a pre-dawn departure.
The non-refundable deposit gives us confidence that you are committed to the adoption and that the time we spend with you on this process will be worthwhile.
Experience Riverside Rags
We are frequently told by people who adopt from Riverside Rags that their experience through this process was far better than they have had elsewhere. They appreciate the clear, timely communication and the great service they receive.
We are confident that your trust in Riverside Rags will be rewarded with an amazingly beautiful ragdoll kitten.